Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Organ Concert

There was a free organ concert at Roy Thomson Hall on Monday. It started at 12.P.M. Joseph and classmates sat near the stage, so we could watch the performance clearly. The organist's name is David Baskeyfield. He is only thirty-one years old and a handsome man. He has ever won the champion of 2014 Canadian International Organ Competition. He played seven pieces of songs. It was amazing that he can play by hands and by feet at the same time. He bowed to audiences after every piece was over. Be honest, I don't like the sound of the organ. I would feel sad when I listened to this kind of music. But I have to say he is an excellent musician. He plays very well. By the way,there was a piece that I listened to before. It is the background music of the documentary named Civilization.

The concert lasted about one and half an hour. It was wonderful. Were we more Canadian after watching the concert of classical music, eh? LOL!

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome, Jane. I love your sense of humour after sitting through the recital on an instrument that isn't your favourite.

    ReplyDelete