Monday 15 February 2016

Friday's assignment

Hello all,

Hope that everyone has enjoyed yesterday’s field trip.

Task one:

Our first task is to write a short paragraph describing your previous workplace culture/system/rituals (if you had any), using at least five from each of the vocabulary list and the buzzwords we have learnt today.

As a new hire, I knew observation was more important than talk. Through understanding the procedure of working, I can learn the ropes as soon as possible. I swallowed my pride and asked the old birds how I should do. Don't be aggressive and arrogant. I was on the dot every morning even if came to school as early as possible. When I met with the other teachers, I always show my respect and politeness. These are all necessary rituals. I have never been slacking off  when I needed to figure out the problem independently. Though there are protocols and norms on the paper, understanding the unwritten rules are also critical if I wanted to fit in the group. 

Task two:

Write a short trip report about yesterday’s field trip. Describe what you liked, what you didn't like, what you learned, and if you would like to repeat it again or not and why.

Last Thursday, our school had a skiing trip. This is the first time I go to Earl Bale Ski Center. I was very excited though I was just cheerful company, or you can call me cheerleader. While the other classmates were training in the snow field, Joseph showed us who can't ski to visit the center. I learned many new words and knew how to put on skiing shoes and bound on the snowboard on paper. We saw many skiing equipment and talked with a talented guy who can play extreme sports very well. It's fantastic. At last, we entered in the snow field to watch our classmates skiing. I should do my duty as a cheerleader. Then I became a photographer. I took many photos and videos and tried to catch their embarrassed moment, for example, when someone was falling down and screaming. LOL. Through their training, I realized it's difficult to learn a kind of sport skill. 
It was very cold, but my classmates were all sweated and exhausted, except me. The next day, they felt soar of their muscles. I caught a cold. Why? You can get it.
Oh, I learned a new word from Hala called acrophobia. Maybe next time I should challenge myself to jump from high platform. Can I survive? Guess it.

1 comment: