Thursday 4 February 2016

Thrusday's assignment

Work Habits



The Ontario Skills Passport (OSP) lists work habits in noun form, e.g. reliability or punctuality. However, when speaking about yourself, you can express these skills or work habits as adjectives.
For example: I am a reliable worker. I am punctual.

You can also describe how you demonstrate the qualities you have by giving examples.
I am punctual. I use my time effectively and produce work on time.

Task 1:      


For each of the nouns, write an adjective that can describe a person.Then put it in sentence of your own.



NOUN
ADJECTIVE
SENTENCE
reliability
reliable 
John is a reliable soldier so he accomplished the missions the commander distributed. 
organization
organized
We need a receptionist who is organized and patient.
confidence
confident
Being confident is important in a interview.
perseverance
perseverant
The revolutionaries are gallant and perseverant. They don't give up unless revolution is succeeded.
versatility
versatile 
Should a teacher be versatile and enthusiastic? 
flexibility
flexible
Tomas was flexible enough to deal with this case.
independence
independent 
The feminists advocate women should be independent. 
resourcefulness
resourceful
As a CEO, he is resourceful and intelligent.
knowledge
knowledgeable
Our professor is profound and knowledgeable.
punctuality
punctual
Being punctual is the elementary work habit.


Task 2:
Write a sentence for each of the OSP work habits you think you have. Use examples from your work and day-to-day experience.



Working Habits
Examples from your experience

Working Safely

Before identify the bronze vessels, I need to put on gloves, prepare magnifier and stationary, and guarantee the safety of the antique.
Teamwork

When preparing the lessons, the group of teachers discuss the process and confirm the details. I express my opinion and talk about it with other teachers.
Reliability

As a teacher, I come into the class punctually.
Organization

Before a new semester is coming, I make a list of tasks and schedule it. After finished one by one, mark it.
Working Independently

I prepare my lessons individually, including designing the process, teaching method, question, and feedback.
Initiative

If the other class occurs some problems, I am aware of and check my own class though it doesn't happen.
Self-advocacy

I make a presentation which includes all of my achievement at the end of the semester.
Customer Service

Teach my students patiently and interview with students' parents friendly.
Entrepreneurship

Being a class teacher, I am versatile and perseverant because students will be attracted by my knowledgeable and persuading these kids never was easy. I am like a CEO of my class.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, let me tell you that I am impressed at your work! Good job:)
    The only thing here is that the last task should be more personalized-- talking about your own experience not general examples.

    ReplyDelete