Friday 6 November 2015

Friday's Assignment

Imagine that you had an unforgettable tenant named Jimmy. How much would you ask Jimmy to leave as a deposit for renting your apartment. What would you do if Jimmy left a big hole in the kitchen wall and damaged your stove, refrigerator, and living room carpet?
Will Jimmy get his deposit back?
Here are your tasks:
  1. Reading and discussion with a partner: CLEO on Damage and FMTA's FAQ.
    1. Share with your partner one surprising finding from each document.
    2. Write a short email of about 50 words of your own advising a friend on what to do in a tough situation as a tenant.
  2. Role play: Getting the Deposit Back
  3. What does the term "tenant  from hell" mean? Skim this article, check out the pictures, and discuss with a partner.


  1. Even though I'm a month-to-month tenant, I should give my landlord 60-day notice if I'm going to move out. And I know it's different between deposit and security deposit.
  2. Dear Julie, sorry to hear you have trouble with your landlord. If I were you, I would tell your landlord not to quarrel with her husband midnight. They should solve their problem when you aren't at home. If they still do that, give them a notice. The last way is to move out.
  3. http://chirb.it/sEvP2A
  4. http://chirb.it/L596sD

No comments:

Post a Comment