Friday 20 November 2015

Friday's Assignment

Do you expect your future employer to offer exactly the salary you imagine getting?

Here are your tasks:
  1. Role play: Negotiating Salary
  2. Write a trip report of yesterday’s Job Fair. 
    1. Write down 5 experiences/facts about the job fair, e.g. who you talked to the longest, any pattern you noticed about employers/job hunters.
    2. Update your list with 3 other classmates before drafting.
    3. Check your drafts with 3 other classmates before publishing.
      1. What are the best ways to use your editing checklist?
      2. Did you learn anything while checking for your classmates?
    4. Add pictures/videos to your trip report.
    5. Write comments on at least 3 classmates' reports.

trip report:
  1. I talked with the representative of evaluation organization for a long time. They can evaluate certificate, diploma, and degree oversea. The fee is lower than WES.
  2. I saw several colleges were introducing their programs.
  3. There were many non-profit institutions who can offer immigrant services, such as LINC, job searching, women supporting.
  4. A few companies can offer jobs.They need PSW, cleaner, receptionist,driver.
  5. The security and police office offered the positions for youth.  
  6. The rain stopped and it was a warm day. I felt exciting because our class had a trip to go to job fair. We carpooled with Joseph as usual. The job fair has already begun when we arrived there. I noticed there was a institution who can evaluate diploma, degree, and certificate. I asked a few questions to the representative. He explained patiently. He told us the importance of evaluation in Canada and the fee. I found the fee was less than WES. I got the institute website. I would search it after I went home.
    I saw several colleges were introducing their programs including Senica college. My classmates asked a lady how to get the entrance if their English was not strong. I had the same problem. It seemed we must get to ESL 6-7, then we can take upgrading courses before entrance. It's too hard.
    We took picture at 11 A.M, then left there. William drove us to go home. Thank for Joseph and William.

1 comment: